KitKat Rolling Out for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
If you haven't received your update notification, force a manual check by going to Settings -> More -> About Device -> Software Update -> Check for Updates. Make sure you're connected to Wifi and have at least 50% battery remaining. This update includes:
- Improved user interface: Re-styled status and navigation bars, full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, and smarter power use.
- Default messaging app: Ability to choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
- Improved GPS performance: Well, improved GPS performance!
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls on the lockscreen.
- Camera access: Camera shortcut on the lockscreen.
- Location menu: Enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Support for wireless printing in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Custom sounds for apps in enhanced settings.